The student news site of Northwest College

Northwest Trail

The Accountant

Alex Nicholson and Chelsea Blake

Alex: As a person on the autistic spectrum, I find myself very intrigued by this movie. I may not be a mathematics savant, but I immediately connect with the character’s problems with socialization, and the rest of the movie looks like it will be a very engaging thriller too.

An accountant working for criminals is an interesting idea that I’ve only seen a couple of times, and never as the main plot. I’m looking forward to seeing if it will be able to keep my interest despite being largely about math.

“Batman v Superman” may have been terrible, but I look forward to seeing Ben Affleck do a good movie. After all, “Man from U.N.C.L.E.” is one of my favorite movies from last year. I like Anna Kendrick, and I’m excited to see her do a serious role for once. And what can go wrong with casting J.K. Simmons? He’s awesome, end of story.

All in all, I’ll be in the theater when this comes out.

Chelsea: I had to rewatch the first trailer a couple of times to understand the gist of the movie. At the beginning of a trailer the dad is talking to his son, Christian Wolff, about being different. After I watched other trailers explaining and showing more about Wolff and what he does, it made more sense.

Casting Ben Affleck as the main character makes me excited to see how the movie will turnout. It looks like a good action movie with some drama and a little crime, too. I think it would be worth it to go to the theatre and/or possibly wait for it on DVD or redbox.